Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The last day of summer

Today was the last day of summer for Emily and Morgan. Morgan starts kindergarten tomorrow and Emily 1st grade. They are so very excited to be going to school together. As we wind down the summer I have to reflect on all that we have been through. It has been a summer of looking back and really pushing to look forward. We had some great times last summer with Craig and we have created some great memories as a family of 4 this summer as well.

There are days that I just want to start lopping off all the first and just press fast forward to get through this year. Then there are days that I want to slow things down b/c I feel like I am forgetting little things about Craig.

It has been a summer of constantly reminding myself to fix my eye on Jesus. He is the only one that can bring peace and love to every situation. Cancer-land. Grief-land. Moving forward without anxiety. It take surrendering to Him each and everyday. The hard days and the the easier day.


The only thing left on our Summer checklist is the Reds vs. Cubbies game this weekend. Go Cubbies.
This week is a big week for the Merimee girls starting tomorrow.
first day of school. Cubbies game. Emily's baptism.
Pray for our upcoming events. (picture to come)

Craig, lots going on and missing you at each event but we will see you again. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment