Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I can't say it has been a good week. It has been a week filled with tears and realizing what it actually means to lose a husband and have to live through the pain of it. It is probably the best time to do Thankful Thursday b/c this week it will be a challenge to get out of myself and look beyond the pain which was part of the purpose behind Thursdays post.

I am thankful for friends that listen to really hard conversations. I am thankful for Hope that there will be purpose in the future for the tears. I am thankful for dear friends that send encouraging text messages and scriptures. I am thankful for my kids who keep me going and write the sweetest notes to me. I am thankful for a marriage that wasn't perfect but it was wonderful b/c it was ours. It was full of great moments, commitment, and love. I am grateful to have had a wonderful husband that was my best friend and comfy spot in this world. I am grateful to know what it is like to have a marriage that would have lasted (and did) through thick and through thin.

I am hopeful for the future but the pain in between is a bit much right now.

Craig, If there are blogs in heaven, I love you, I miss you and I will see you again.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle, I hope this is a little bright spot in your day---you won a free book off my blog! Your comment on 7/11 was picked today.
    Please email me with your top three choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've had a rough week, friend. I look forward to reading your "Thankful Thursday" post every week. Too often, I feel like people complain and get consumed with regret, hatred, sadness, etc. It's almost as if it overwhelms them and they become so negative. Every week, despite your feelings of sadness, anger, frustration, etc., you make it a point to recognize the good things in your life and what you are thankful for. It is an inspiration to me to know that through such difficult times, you can still be thankful for the blessings you have. Wishing you better days ahead, full of support from your faith and those who love you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I have so much faith in you and this journey, and although I can't begin to imagine what it truly feels like, I know that you and your family are exactly where you need to be, according to His plan for you. Please always remember that even those of us who aren't nearby are thinking about you every day, and keeping you close in our prayers. Thank you for sharing your honesty, grace, faith and strength... it has changed my life as a human being, wife and mom, and I know that I am not nearly the only one! I hope the coming days and weeks bring you peace of heart and new reasons to smile!

    ReplyDelete