Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

decluttering and Psalm 19:14

Okay so I have this pre-recorded radio interview on WFIA tomorrow. I have been invited to be on Kristen Sauder radio show, Excellent Things, that airs in the afternoons. She does about an hour interview with people around Louisville (and beyond) that have a God story they are willing to share. I've know about it for about three weeks. I have tried to be prayerful about it but my mind has been cluttered with to do list and odds and ends. I am now down to less that 24 hours before the interview and I can't image what I am going to have to say during this interview that anyone is going to want to hear. AHHHHHH!

My brain is cluttered with to-do list for work. (value added reporting due, radio annuals looming, 1Q TV, Georgetown Grand Opening next Friday, Angel Tree schedules to be worked on... and wait somewhere in there I am sure billing and post are due...) sigh.

My to-do list at home, (unload dishwasher, finish laundry, raise three little girls, don't forget to stick Hannah on the potty b/c we are "potty training" I use that term very loosely, baths, vacuum the basement, figure out Morgan's Halloween costume, buy blue hair spray for Emmy's costume, let the tooth fairy in the door when she arrives to get Morgan's 1st lost tooth...)

And there is the preparing for the trip to Cincinnati this weekend list (oil change, get gas, get money from the ATM, pack for the weekend: snacks, potty, pool supplies, sleeping bags, outfits (have to be cute and clean), camera, wedding shower gift, veggie tray, my stuff...)

So I have all this swimming in my head and add to the list: prayer and concentrating on what He wants me to say in this interview!!! AHHHH! Isn't so typically to let so much stuff get in the way of being able to listen to what God wants us to communicate?

So I am blogging... getting it all out there... what else is clogging my brain so that I can't concentrate on what He wants me to say during this interview... Oh a whole bunch of stuff...the holidays coming up... new friendships...upcoming events...weight gain (ugh so ticked off about this)...being "that" girl with the sad story... memories flooded from the trip to Lexington this past weekend...I swear Craig was just here and now he is not... ugh.

As I blog I am reminded that prayer is not something that is on a list of things to do. It should be a way of life. Constant conversation with Him is the way to keep the to-do's and anxiety from overpowering our minds and getting away from doing this His way.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

He wants to hear about EVERYTHING. He wants to be turn over all anxieties and all to-do list to Him and be thankful.

God,
HELP me I am drowning in to-do lists, raising three little girls as a single mom, keeping up with a career that I love, and trying to maintain relationships that bring joy, comfort and strength each day. PLEASE relieve me of lists and guide me to YOUR way of doing this MESS called life. Get me on your path (QUICKLY) so that the words during this radio interview are yours and not mine b/c all I have right now is a cluttered head of blah and that is not going to bring you the glory that I so desire for this interview.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you." Psalm 19:14

Don't let me utter one syllable of my own. Let every word and thought come from you. Please use me as an example of the peace, joy and love that is so unimaginable to so many in this world. Please let this interview accomplish whatever it is that your Will is for it. Help me to focus on your agenda and not mine!!!!
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Blog readers, pray Psalm 19:14 for me tomorrow at 4:00, please.

Craig, If there are blogs in heaven, I love you, I miss the way that you put things in perspective for me when I am flipping out and your encouragement and I will see you again. I hope you get WFIA up there, I will be on sometime in December. love you. oh and your people are so very good to me. Good call on St. X and Lambda Chi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment