Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday

I dropped Hannah off at school today and walked in the door from the garage and wanted to see Craig sitting on the couch. I wanted him to just drop in and say it is okay to be okay. I wanted him so badly to say you are doing a great job keeping up with life. And I saw that you screwed up the checking account and it is okay. I did stuff like too, you just never knew about it. (I bet he never really did but he would lie about it to make me feel better). I just want his approval. I am running our household and I want him to check in and give an evaluation current status. I want his input on what I should be doing differently (maybe... well I at least want opportunity to argue with him about why I am doing things the way I am doing them). Sigh. It has been so long since I have gotten his two cents. I can't even think that I won't see him in this lifetime again. I stay day to day, that is what God intends for us. 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

I am so grateful for a great big God that's "got this one". He knows what tomorrow looks like and just wants me to enjoy the blessings of today.

Tuesday evening we received a most wonderful gift from God! If anyone has heard about my washing machine you will be relieved to not have to hear me rant about the flooded laundry room any more! If you can remember in late April/early May the wash machine broke. A princess nightgown got twisted in the rubber lining. In turn a hose snapped (and so did I... remember that post... I realized it takes a village...ANYWAY). The rubber lining never sealed the door closed after that lovely incident so water trickled down the front of the machine and all over the laundry room floor. The little loads were more than a trickle (remember Noah?...kidding). I laid towels under the machine so that it wouldn't get the whole room wet but then the laundry room always smelled like wet towels... ugh... so incredibly frustrating. But after the dishwasher broke we took one thing at a time and made due until I got so fed up and just went out and bought another one. I was almost there, when God had a washer machine delivered to my house!! Holy cow! It is a top-loader, it cleans clothes (!!) and it doesn't flood the laundry room!!! And that, my friends is a BEAUTIFUL THING that I am so VERY thankful for!!! There will be no more mopping up on Thursday after the laundry is complete on Wednesdays!! YEAH!! He is a great provider!! :)

So yes, each day is a roller coaster of emotions but one thing is consistent:, we are trusting in His plan, He is ALWAYS good and we are so thankful. Happy Thankful Thursday!

PS This weekend is the last weekend for the Charity Homes Tour. Support the PanCan house #6!!

No comments:

Post a Comment