Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Halloween pictures



Halloween
The girls and I had a blast walking around the neighborhood yesterday trick or treating. We weren't sure that Hannah was going to go b/c she decided not to nap at school but she powered through it and had a blast. I am so thankful for my girls. I am so thankful for the people they are. Each of them are so different and we have such a great time together. I love them more each day.

Last weekend we went to Cincinnati for the last couple days of fall break. As soon as I can find the camera cord to download pictures I will update the blog. We had a great time too.



Please pray for me. I have been struggling with just trying to process all that has happened in the past two years. The past is overwhelming to think about what Craig went through while he battled cancer. It still breaks my heart to think about what he endured. During those times I am so thankful he has been fully healed. But the thoughts of should I have done something different are haunting. The present is overwhelming at times. There have been many days that I have said that raising three girls is not a job for one person. Trying figure out this normal is difficult. During those times I just miss Craig. To think of the future is often hopeful but also so scary. Although I am hopeful that God will lead me to the right person in His time, dating and relationships are much more complicated that the last time I did it. All these details are so very overwhelming to think about at the same time. I feel a little scattered right now. I am taking some time to just think through some things and get the help that I need around the house. Anyway, just pray that I have the courage and streghth to surrender the memories to Him so that He can continue to make it into a testimony that brings Him all the glory. Please pray that each day I can find the strength to continue on as a single mom. And please pray that I can continue to trust Him for our future.

More to come... stay tuned for pictures.

Craig, If there are blogs in heaven, I am so sorry for what you had to endure Halloween 2010. Just witnesses that was one of the hardest weeks of the journey. I am sorry that I didnt realize how very miserable you were. I wanted so badly for you to be with us. I just hated that you weren't healthy enough to enjoy the things that you once did. We miss you. You're girls are so smart and so fabulous. Love you. See you again.

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for you and your girls right now! If you haven't already, you may want to check out the blog, "A Widow's Might" for a great source of encouragement. Phillipians 1:6 says,
    "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I am so sorry for what you have been through and when I try to put myself in your place regarding Craig's suffering, it breaks my heart. I promise to pray for you as I have been all along and I know you will continue to be the wise woman and loving mother that your girls need. Your strength is in the Lord and your future is secure.

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I'll send many prayers your way! May you find the strength you need.

    ReplyDelete