Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, July 23, 2012

Hilton Head Island 2012: Monday

Monday was Donuts day. Scott got up at the crack of dawn with Miss early-bird Hannah Jane and went and got everyone dunkin donuts. Gwen and I decided to walk the greasy goodness off with a HOT walk on the beach. We hung around the house and pool today and then got ready for dinner at Salty Dog and the Greg Russell concert in Harbour Town. In years past we have never been early enough to eat at Salty Dog so it was great to be able to get in without a wait this year.

One of the troubles with being a young widow is that you are very alone in your widowhood. There are very few who "get it" at this age. I have been blessed with a facebook friend that I wish we would have never met b/c of the circumstances that we know each other but she is a wonderful blessing. Jenny is a widow that I have blogged about before. Her husband, Nick didn't get to come home from his active duty in the Middle East. He died in April shortly after Craig passed away. Although the circumstances are very different we have found comfort in knowing that someone else is surviving a similar path. We have exchanged FB emails for a couple months now and through those have figured out that we were going to be in Hilton Head at the same time. (God is good!) We texted back and forth and met up at the Greg Russell concert this evening. So incredibly awesome to meet her face to face and be able to hug her. We talked through most the concert and it was great to get to know her better.

Salty Dog kids

Me and my girls after dinner

hanging out waiting for the souvenir shoppers

the kids (minus Hannah) before we climbed up the lighthouse

the top of the light house


mama and Morgan

Greg Russell

this is a terrible picture of me but this is Jenny and Me. :)

the rest of the kid crew sat on the stage this year while Morgan went back and forth between my lap, Gwen's lap and the stage.

Anna, Jenny's youngest little lady. Isn't she adorable?!!
I am learning a lot this trip on where I am in the grief process. We are having a good time and yes we miss Craig but there is a stronger desire to remember him but not let grief monopolize our good times and our future. I have a range of emotions this week from missing seeing him with the girls, to going through the motions of just getting this "first" under our belts to really ready for the next adventure in our lives. I am not sure what God has in store next but I am far less apprehensive about taking a new step then I was even a week ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment