Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Yard Day

So we had a bunch of friends over to help out in the yard and build a trampoline for the girls. The trampoline was an "adventure" and lets leave it at that. I really don't know the details of why it took 4 hours but apparently the directions would have been easier if they were written in a different language. After dinner the kids all had great fun on it (minus the broken foot for ViviAnne YIKES).

I have three neighbors that have been cutting it which is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE blessing for me. Sometimes we pull into the driveway and the girls ask why they cut our grass for us and I tell them b/c God asked them to. "oh that's nice, glad He sent someone b/c I don't think you could do it." Thanks for the vote of confidence but they aren't lying, that is just not my cup of tea.

I wanted to get the trampoline built and get the rest of the deck stained this weekend. We (and by "we" I mean Jason) also put in a little veggie garden. I bought a new grill that seems more manageable than the massive one Craig had. We grilled out and had a great time in the yard. Yard day was a HUGE success. It wasn't far from my thoughts throughout the day that there was someone missing. Although we kept busy all day it wasn't easy to just enjoy the company and be thankful. It was tough to have OUR friends here but Craig wasn't around cracking jokes and quoting movies.

Big thanks to our friends. Our yard has never looked so good.


Josh and Donna, hour #3 with trampoline assembly
Alex helping prepare dinner. He is an AWESOME Godson!!
Working hard
Scott cleaning out the gutters
Kelly and Ethan
Mallory taking a peep outside
ViviAnne waiting for the completed trampoline
Kailyn and Hannah
Bouncing :)

Cooper taking a work break for some good food
chowing down with good friends

Hannah eating her cupcake. Yum!


Craig, If there are blogs in heaven, I miss you, I love you, and I will see you...

No comments:

Post a Comment