Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hannah's 3rd Birthday


Hannah and I on June 14th 2010
Hannah's 3rd birthday was yesterday. It took me a while to decide how we were going to celebrate. Her birthday reminds me how close to perfect I had it. I can't explain how incredibly content and happy with life I was, when Hannah was born. She was a perfect baby girl and a completion of our family of 5. The night after I had her Craig stayed at the hospital and it went like any typical first night, really messy diapers, feedings every two hours, nurses in and out all the time. The second night Craig stayed at home and I had her all to myself. I kept her close all night. I knew that when I went home the next day I would have to share her with visitors, Craig, and the girls. I wanted to savor the night while I had it. It was pure baby love. I fed her, and changed her, held her and stared at her all night. I remember the nurse popped in at 4:00a and asked if I had slept at all and I said, "I'm alright." I wasn't going to let sleep keep me from adoring this final Merimee baby. It was one of the best nights of my life, I just adored this baby. Hannah has had a special place in my heart since day one. She was always a mama's girl and I never had one until she came along. Her smiles and giggles made life good when it wasn't in cancerland. She is a funny little girl. At times her temper gets the best of her but she is adorable and lovable.
Happy 3rd Birthday Hannah! (breakfast chocolate muffin)
Craig, if there are blogs in heaven, Hannah is 3. There are soooo many times when during the day I think, What would Craig do? when dealing with Emily or Morgan. But with Hannah I don't think you would even know what to do. You would love her songs and her giggles but there are things that she gets into that not even the most level-headed, patient dad would know how to handle. Prayer is the only answer. :) She is awesome. We made such fabulous people. Love you. Miss you. Will see you again.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to comment on this ever since I read this post - I just love how you say everything Michelle, but this post is so sweet! Hannah is awesome and so are you :) My prayers are always with you, love you all!

    ReplyDelete