Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

ugly trees and TEAMHOPE

I miss Craig more on nice sunny days. I don't know why some feelings hit harder than other times. When it is 60s and sunny and we are on the back deck, I want so badly to debate with Craig which ugly cedar trees we are cutting down in the backyard. I wanted them all down, he wanted to save the one near the deck for shade. I wanted to put a pool there. He would roll his eyes, yes that is what we need, a pool to take care of. Miss him so badly. I miss our language and our life together. I miss his calm, confident, consistent presence. I am enjoying my abundant life but still missing him so much. 

We were eating dinner outside one night and Emily said, "I'm glad that tree is there, it shades the deck nicely." Seriously. Craig. Junior. It is eery and comforting at the same time.

Derby season is upon us in the bluegrass. I went to the "They're Off luncheon" last Friday with Cox Radio, and Thunder over Louisville with a friend on Saturday so it is officially DERBY season! So much excitement leading up to the race on the first Saturday in May. This weekend is the (mini) marathon and TEAMHOPE has raised $4645 so far!!!! WOW! Each team member has hit their goal so they will all be sporting their Purple shirts on Saturday morning. We are meeting down at Central and 3rd to cheer the runners on and then going down to the finish line. If you will be there look out for the Purple people. Much love for all the members of TEAMHOPE, especially Scott Deitz for organizing everything on top of starting a new job! Busy bee. And big cheers for Scott Dant who is running the full marathon this year!!! There is still time to support the team! Link below.

http://teamhope.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1036967&lis=1&kntae1036967=9E0CEFA5C3D64C52B9B4808CF1424C11&supId=0&team=5372584&cj=Y

Craig, this week I have been missing you so much. I just wish you would walk through the garage doors so badly sometimes. Miss you, love you and we will see you again.

2 comments:

  1. Posting so you know people are still reading and praying and wondering and thinking about you all.

    "calm, confident, consistent presence" <-- I get that. Can't imagine my life without that presence.

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Derby Days M! I feel your words strongly this week. Ed and I would have been together 7 years on Sunday. I had him for such a short little blip, but our connection was incredible. I miss it desperately as the nice weather breaks and we should be on the lake, him fishing, me reading and making fun of him. Laughing, loving and living. xoxoxoxoxoxo You are in my heart love! mk

    ReplyDelete