Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, June 11, 2012

Holiday World 2012

Emily riding the Salmon Run

Hannah riding the Sea Horse

Everyone riding the meriground.

Riding the canoe together
Uncle Frank and Andrew riding in the old fashion cars

Hannah on Salmon Run
Morgan on Salmon Run

Hannah on the big meriground
Uncle Brad and Morgan

Claire and Emily riding the merigoround

Andrew and Adri riding the Merigoround

Bruce teaching fishing on Saturday morning

Mommy and Hannah


Hannah is 2!! "Happy Hannah"

Hannah is so freaking hilarous. "Hannah Goggles, Hannah Goggles"
The family on fiesta night. (yikes, no make-up, you can't wear make-up camping, there are rules against it.)
The golf car right before the parade.
More picture to come. The battery in my camera went dead on Saturday evening, some of these are from my iphone. My brother has more, check back. And sorry they are out of order, it is so hard to move them once they have downloaded to the blog.


We had an awesome time at Holiday World on Friday and we loved camping this weekend. Friday we did the rides until lunch and then we got our swim suits on for the water rides and water park. Emily seems so old. She loved the big water slides. Morgan didn't want to do the ones that she had to do on her own and I am not sure she loved the big ones but she wasn't going to let Emily show her up. Hannah has a great time where ever she goes. She cried and cried when we had to tell her she was too little for some of the rides her sisters could ride on. She really thinks she is the same age as they are. She was too little for the flying eagle ride so I took her on the little train while my brother and cousin Bruce took Emily and Morgan on the flying eagles. We went on the train last year as a family and I remember standing in line and Craig was able to hold Hannah while we waited. I stood there and thanked God that he was healthy enough to hold her b/c there were so many times prior to that point that he was too weak since he was on chemo to hold her for any amount of time. So as we stood in the line without him this year I was really saddened that he was missing so much with our family. I realize that heaven is a lot better than a day at Holiday World but from this point of view I don't see what could be better than hanging with our girls. They were so happy all weekend. We made so many good memories.

Saturday we hung around the campground, fishing and we rented a golf cart that was a huge hit. We swam in the pool. Saturday night's dinner theme was Mexican fiesta. Hannah picked Dora for her party theme this year which was perfect with the Mexican night. She loved her cupcakes and loved when everyone sang happy birthday to her. She would say "Happy Hannah!!" which made me think my kids are doing really well, we are really making it. I am so happy for them to be able to create some great memories but I am so sad that someone will always be missing. Saturday night there was a golf cart parade through the campsite and we decorated our cart with Happy Birthday steamers.
My family doesn't "do" feelings. We joke and we raz each other but we are not a lovey hallmark-card type. This weekend my family was so good to my girls and to me. Without saying a word I felt supported and loved. (I am going to get razed for this). This weekend has built some incredible confidence that Craig was right, I am quite capable of raising these girls. It won't be the same as two parents but with the love of the Lord, the guidance of His plan and the support of my (crazy) family we will be okay. With that confidence has also come hope for the future. Although it was not what I had planned there are parts of me that are eager to see what God has in store for the future. I am (almost) excited.

So thank you for all your prayers for us this weekend. We had a great time.

Craig, if there are blogs in heaven, I love you, I miss you being a part of our daily life and making memories but I will see you again and be together for eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Your family might not be "touchy/feely" but you definitely have their support. Pictures are indeed worth a thousand words. You are doing a great job.

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete