Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Thank you for all the prayers today. Today went better than Mother's Day. I had braced the for the worst. We did our best to be thankful for the time that we had with Craig. He was an incredible father to our girls and I will be forever grateful for that so I stayed with that thought throughout the day.

We are also so incredibly grateful for the men that have stepped up in Craig's absences and helped out around the house. We handed out some thank you cards to a few of those guys and it felt great to be able to celebrate wonderful friendships and guys that are following God's request to help us out.
James 1:27

We went to church, out to lunch with friends, then we got balloons and wrote notes to Craig and let them go hoping they would reach him in heaven. This was very helpful to Emily and Morgan. They wrote very sweet and simple notes to him.


Morgan finished with her letter.
Emily's letter to Daddy. So sweet. She is writing more and more.
I bought her a notebook just for notes to Craig or about Craig. She was thrilled.
Ready to let their balloons go. They were concerned it wouldn't be delivered but I tried to tell them know that he took all the love with him so he knows what is in our hearts even if he doesn't get the balloons.

Away they go.


Craig, If there are blogs in heaven, look out for three balloons coming your way!! Morgan was especially concerns that Hannah's balloon was going to take a long time to get there and maybe not make it to you. Just read the notes. Your kids are so smart. Wish you were here to see it. Okay so I wrote one too, you know, just in case it worked. :) You renewed my faith in so much. I couldn't have picked a better guy to have three of the most beautiful girls with. I can't thank you enough for the impact that you have had on my life. The girls are so lucky to have a dad like you even though you don't live here any more your legacy of love and faith is a gift to us each day.
Wish you were here to buy a Hallmark card that doesn't even cover half of the way that I feel about how wonderful you are. I love you. Thanks for all that you have done for us. I hope you had a great Father's Day with your dad and our Heavenly Father. We look forward to celebrating Father's Day with you when we see you again. Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I was thinking of you and your girls today. You're still getting many prayers from the White household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was praying for you on Father's Day. I know it must have been hard, but I love what the girls did. It definitely brought tears to my eyes to see the letters. It's so sad when someone leaves this earth, but the great part is to know they left a legacy and will never be forgotten. That is definitely the case for Craig.

    ReplyDelete