Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TEAMHOPE

For my 10th wedding anniversary I took the girls to see the Lorax. I took all three by myself. Hannah really loves movies and she sat through the whole thing (minus the last 5 minutes). The guy sitting next to me asked if they were all mine (ha-yes of course). He said something like "I would be afraid to take them all out of the house." I kindly told him, we wouldn't ever leave the house if I didn't take all of them. He just responded with a smile and said they were really good, he had no idea there were three kids sitting next to him. I took it as a big compliment and it boosted my confidence a bit. They were really good.
Anyway. The movie was cute and the end quote by Dr. Seuss hit me in a way that I needed to do more to help PanCan. I think the point of the movie was to plant more trees but none-the-less I took away that I needed to support PanCan more..

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
-Dr. Seuss

To be a huge advocate for Pancreatic cancer is not the purpose that I have draw from our journey. Clinging to Christ in all circumstances and showing others the Way has definitely been something that I have been more drawn to. He is the only Cure for this world and anything that comes your way. With that being said I feel the need to support in whatever way that I can to help fund better research for this horrible disease.

This Friday I am go to the "They're Off" luncheon to kick-off the Kentucky Derby Season. I am not going into how much I will miss Craig during derby... just not going there right now. I am taking one event at a time. SOOOOO (wow I am loooong winded tonight) with the luncheon coming up and derby season is upon us we have an awesome opportunity to support a team that is running in memory of Craig in the mini-marathon on Saturday, April 28th. If you want to be a team member you can sign up to join the team or you can contribute to the team on the link below. Scott Deitz is the team captain this year and the Deitz family has really taken us under their wing. We do family dinner nights 2 to 3 times a week b/c it is too hard to sit at our dinner table with a chair empty. With the mass chaos of 6 kids for dinner the heartache is forgotten for at least dinner time. Scott and Gwen took their kids to SECC Easter weekend to hear the sermon that Kyle included Craig in. In the car on the way over to church the kids were told there was going to be a quiz on the way home so everyone better behave in church and listen to the sermon or for every wrong answer they had to contribute $1.00 to the Team Hope fund. (Parenting at its best, Deitz!). On the way home the Deitz kids got every quiz question right and I think they may have stumped their parents with a couple. Kailyn is the oldest Deitz kid at age 13. After they arrived home she went up to her room and got $20 out of her own stash and gave it to her dad. I think that is the $20 that could crack the case on this thing. Thanks Kailyn for your contribution to TEAMHOPE, you are a great kid. ;)

http://pancan.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1011589&team=5000797

We are also talking about getting a crew together to do the Purplestride in Columbus, OH the weekend of August 4th. As you can recall we went to Indy last year and Craig was awarded the top fund raiser for both the team and the individual. We looked at the dates for Indy but already made plans for that weekend so Columbus worked best and I am looking forward to hanging out with some good friends that weekend as well.

Craig was passionate about raising awareness of Pancreatic Cancer. He met with Terry Carmack from Mitch McConnell's office after he had decided not to do any more chemo treatments. I received a condolence note from Mitch Connell today. It was a very nice letter that I will keep for the girls to show the how he did what he could even in one of the weakest moments in his life he was still fighting.


Prayfully consider contributing to TEAMHOPE this Derby season.

6 comments:

  1. What a nice letter! So proud of you for being able to turn something so sad into something helpful for those who follow. This is a disease that needs a cure and like Dr. Seuss said, unless you care an awful lot, nothing is going to get done. You are amazing and your girls are so fortunate to have you for their mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice letter! I am so proud of how you are taking something so sad and turning it into something positive! Your girls are lucky to have you as their mom - you are amazing! Call me anytime you need help, you know how much I like to love on your kids and have them over to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl - You Are The Bomb! Fighting for The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has become so important in my grieving process(they are trying to move away from people using PanCAN - as the CAN does NOT stand for Cancer - but for Cancer Action Network). I went to Leadership training in Chicago about a month ago - it was a powerful experience and filled me with the energy I need to move forward!

    One of the other participants put it best for me... We do this because it is "Productive Grieving"... We need to fight for our children & their children - We need to make a change - We need to make the NCI take notice - We need to get our Bill passed! I will be in DC for Advocacy Day on June 25 & 26 - Believe You Me... Not something I thought I could EVER do in a million years - but Ed was determined for us to get to the hill, he didn't make it - but I will be there for him!

    I think of you often and pray that you are finding your way to move forward a little at a time.

    With Love & Peace, and always, Thank You for your words to me that helped me find the man upstairs once again! MK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to keep up with you and the girls through this blog. I will continue to pray for your comfort in over abundance. My mother died of cancer when I was 8. I look back a realize how much God's grace flooded those years when I do desperately needed her in my life. To HIM, I am eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that made me tear up. how thoughtful of him. thinking of you and your family, michelle.

    ReplyDelete