Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

UK vs Florida game

This past weekend we went for our annual UK football game. I didn't cry there or on the way home. Accomplishment. Although every building throughout campus reminded me of memories that Craig and I shared while we attended UK, I was only grateful for the times that we shared and looked forward to many more family tailgates and cheering on the CATS this year. A healing heart feels good. I am worried about Friday. It will be 3 years since he was diagnosed. Such a life changing day. Last year the day before (10/3) hit hard. It was the last day that we thought our house was cancer-free. It was the day that I stood at the kitchen counter and said the words that still sting. "I am the happiest I have ever been in my whole life." Within 24 hours that happiness was stolen but our Joy and Faith was not. I am a better person b/c of it. I have a grateful heart for what I have b/c I know that you have to hold dear to what you have and not focus on what is lost. I hate to remember what Craig went through for the last 18 months of his life but nothing brings me more pride than knowing he will always be remembered for fighting the good fight. Although with each passing day those memories seem to fade and life continues to go on, he will always hold a very special place in my heart. He taught me so much about how to live a grateful and fulfilling life. He will always be missed but I choose to be grateful for having him while I did rather than continuing to focus on what should have been. My girls are amazing people. I am so grateful that I was able to create such fabulous little people with such a fabulous person. So family traditions continue and we are making some decision about which traditions are staying and which are going. I think we are going to back to Huber's this weekend. I hope I don't stand in the middle of a pumpkin field crying but can be grateful for what is in the past and what the future holds... we shall see.



Tailgating Fun


at the game. Best seats we have ever had

three years ago Craig and I went to the UK vs. Florida game. It was the game that Tebow was sacked and sent to the hospital. The fans were terrible but we had a great time with Christy and Jason that year. Their seats were just a section over from where we sat this year. :)

Emily and Morgan with the WILDCAT

Annual Tailgate fun


No comments:

Post a Comment