Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

blog hiatus

There wont be much blogging going on in January. Work is nuts and it hard to keep up with three kids, a job and blog on top so just a warning there won't be too much on here this month.

Craig's birthday is tomorrow and I am not sure what to do with that date. It seems like a reminder that his life was cut too short. I know that God has a plan, we are just visitors on this earth and Craig is at Home but the fact that he didn't see age 35 is hard.

For the new year this blog may take a different turn. Grief and making a new normal isn't really a journey that needs a huge cheering section. It needs prayerful intimate friends and Godly support. It needs a lot of quiet time and reflection rather than a committee of cheerleaders. Our cancer journey needed a huge cheering section and taking our blog followers along on that journey fullfilled that need in a MAJOR way. God was so good to us in the form of supportive friends that fed us, patted us on the backs at church and in meetings, loved on us, and mostly prayed for healing on our behalf.

As we continue down the path as a family of 4 rather than 5 journey I need to stop and think about my family's needs. It hard to really put into words what losing a spouse does to other relationships. I have said it many times, it changes everything (!). I have found myself trying to gloss over somet hings to save feelings just to keep the blog going. That has never been the purpose of a Merimee blog to just keep it going. The original blog's purpose was to keep people up to date with cancer happenings. It turned into much more and the Ultimate purpose was to bring God all the glory. This blog purpose is the same, to bring God all the glory. Until I can figure out how to do that... we are on hold and if you need me I will be buried in media buys for a month.

Please continue to pray for our family even though you don't get a blog update.

Craig, if there are blogs in heaven, we love you, we miss you and we will see again.

1 comment:

  1. As always, can't know how you feel, but your blog makes perfect sense to me. Time to make a new normal. God bless you and your sweet girls - still in my prayers every day!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete