Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 24, 2012

Praying for snow

We are keeping busy with this low-key Christmas which helps heal and truly remember the reason for the season. Today we have baked and crafted and in a bit we are going to visit with Craig's family and exchange gifts. We are doing things a little different this year and keeping things really simple.

I took a walk early this afternoon and cranked up the itunes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWO3obUhWM as I walked up to Craig's graveside and I listened to "The Reason for the World" which we had in his funeral service. As I walked away and moved throughout the path of the cemetery I listened to "Jesus Paid it All" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7QQGPv1Ikc. We have to remember Easter to understand how important Christmas is. I have been praying for snow for a couple weeks now. There is nothing like the peacefulness of a fresh snowfall. There is a stillness that only the Lord provides. My soul could really use that scene out my french doors. Something like this... well I don't have a lake (yet!!) but you know what I mean.

Be still and know that I am God...Psalm 46


continuing...
Tonight we exchanged gifts with Craig family but didn't stay for dinner as we normally do. I couldn't sit at the table without Craig there this year. We had a blast opening gifts but it was just too much to do dinner this year. Maybe next year.

There are moments where this has unbearable but I have to believe that God has a plan. I trust His plan. Aunt Janie and I talked in the driveway a little bit tonight as we were leaving to go to a friends house for dinner. She reminded me to to be thankful for the time that I had with Craig. Craig and I were engaged on Christmas 2000 and even if someone told me how our marriage would have ended in the way that it did after only 10 years I still would have married him. I would have done it all over again b/c he made me a better person for knowing him and being married to him. He was one of the biggest blessing of my lifetime and even if I knew the ending to our story I still would have done it again and again.

So I am sitting waiting for little ladies to doze off so that I can let Santa in the front door since we don't have a chimney. We are starting a new tradition this year and we are reading the Christmas story before we open gifts. It is important that we remember why we are celebrating before we tearing into piles of wrapping paper. Today was hard but we are making through because we feel God's peace and love. We are healing with each tear and we are hopeful for the future. We are thankful for the friends and family that continue to pray for us and support us through this journey. And we are Joyful about the reason for the season.

If you didn't get a Christmas card from us here it is.

If I hadn't already send the nice card out this would have been our Christmas card and it would have said, "We have had an a$$ of a year but we are still celebrating." And yes she is completely naked... b/c... well that's our Hannah. You just have to laugh at her. Plus she is so darn cute... both ends of her.

Merry CHRISTmas from the Merimee girls!! 

1 comment:

  1. Woke up thinking about you all. Merry Christmas. Awesome card

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete