Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Out of the shadows

Well the time has come to say farewell. I love blogging. I love writing from the heart and bringing glory to God in the process. I am so grateful for the healing that I has taken place on these very pages. But it is time. My friend, Kristen, said it best at lunch today, there comes a point where you are just living life and there is not much to blog about and that is where we are. After much prayer about what 2014 goals should be it has become apparent that is time to step out of the shadows of cancer and grief and just start living. I wish I could blog and do that but unfortunately for me it is like trying to drive a car while looking in the rear-view mirror. It is time to look forward and drive on. There will be times this year that we remember who Craig was and create ways to keep his memory alive. But for the most part is time to concentrate on the present and growing each day. It is time for intentional steps forward. There may be a post or two with picture updates but for the most part this is the end.

Craig's 36th birthday would have been last Friday. I am ready to not dwell on what would have been but to celebrate who he was. We celebrated with DQ Health blizzards, b/c that was his favorite. I want the girls to know everything I can teach them about who Craig was but it has come to a time in this journey that we can't dwell on what "should" have been but celebrate who he was and keep moving forward.

2014 will be about "no excuses." It is time to start living rather than just reacting to our circumstances. My girls deserve a mom that is present. Please don't stop praying for me and girls just b/c I don't maintain the blog. We need your daily prayers still and always will.

Isaiah 43:18-19 Forget about what's happened. Don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand new. It is bursting out, don't you see it.

Craig, if there are blogs in heaven, I love you, I miss you and I will see you again. Love you.

6 comments:

  1. I've been praying for this. Praise God. I was hoping that with less blogs, you all were able to find the normal. The moving forward normal. I'm happy for you. You four deserve the ability to be happy with your joy and to have just the wonderfully ordinary life that is too boring for a blog :). I'm soooo thankful for boring! Love you guys. The prayers will continue even after I break my blog checking habit. Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    I have followed your journey because at the time I found your posts, we were on our own journey with my daughter Robin. We share a mutual friend in Meagan Sisk.
    I have admired your devotion to God, and prayed for your grief.
    You have put on paper your deepest thoughts and your deepest fears... and now through the grace of God, you and your little girls are ready to face the future.

    God Bless You!
    Debbie Fugate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel this. Mainly why I stopped mine as well and only post occasionally now. Good luck and embrace life. Ed liked to quote a line from Cocktail that I won't repeat, cause it's a bit rough, but basically it was... Life is for the living. And both our men would want us to be happy and embrace what lies ahead. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all you have shared. We hope the best for you and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I personally know you and your girls. Been following your blog and praying for you. I totally understand you must move forward, please update once in a great while! See you in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your blog off and on since the beginning, even though we've never met - as a mutual friend introduced me to your blog. I wouldn't be surprised if I always prayerfully think of you, as I grew so much caring for your family. You have inspired and encouraged me more than you know! Wish you all the best! Happy for you, as you take the steps God leads you to!

    ReplyDelete